Wednesday, January 13, 2016

On The Journey--Pe!

Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them.
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands.
Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name.
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.
Redeem me from human oppression, that I may obey your precepts.
Make your face shine on your servant and teach me your decrees.
Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed. Psalm 119:129-136 NIV
The 17th letter and stanza--an expression of trust and sorrow.

If we look at this stanza and see the heart of the writer, we detect an appreciation for God's Word and acknowledgment that continued study and meditation upon His Word opens understanding so that even the simple--unlearned person--can understand.

Have we reached that place yet--where we get it--and appreciate God's love for us in that He has provided the means for us succeed--in spite of what the enemy does or who he influences?

The steps of a good man (person) are ordered by The Lord and He delights in his way (the way he obeys). Psalm 37:23. In the 37th Psalm, the writer acknowledges that God has already ordered the steps of good person and in this Psalm, the writer acknowledges they fall short and need God to direct their footsteps--according to His Word--so sin will not reign in their lives.

Are we there yet? Do we recognize that our steps are indeed--planned by God when we obey His Word?

Considering the rule of the day (historically) by men who chose to be barbaric in their positions to control and oppress people, we can understand why the writer wants to be redeemed--saved from the oppression men tend to burden people with in their religious tyranny.

Religious tyranny is a practice we see all around us--when men think their traditions and rules are more important than God's Word. The traditional rules governing many religious people have led to people committing suicide and murder in the name of "religion." Jesus tells us that because of our "traditions" we have made the Word of God of no effect. We need to conduct ourselves--according to God's Word--and not man's dictates which change as often as some of us change our underwear. This is the danger of our society--the fickleness of man--not adhering to God's Word.

Like the writer, tears have flowed down my face on more than occasion if I dare listen to the news. I cry for the children whose parents have been killed. I cry for the parents whose children have been killed. I cry for the masses of people who have lost hope because of religious tyranny and I cry for all of us when we allow government officials to twist God's Word to accommodate sin. A "twisted" truth is still a whole lie.

It is past time for all who Believe to open their mouths and spread the Gospel or to use social media networks to promote the Gospel. We will be held accountable for what we do and don't do when it comes to God determining our level of obedience. We can and should use every avenue created to promote the Gospel--especially when we know so much hatred and bigotry are being promoted with the use of social media networks. What the enemy intended for evil, we can turn into something good and Godly.

No comments:

Post a Comment